Meet your community nurse team
Your local community nurse team complements the care you receive from your hospital stoma nurses and healthcare professionals. Our nurses can visit you at home to provide expert support and advise on how best to live with a stoma.
Hazel started her career in 1973 in Bristol as a Dental Nurse. After qualifying as a Registered Dental Surgery Assistant she left Bristol in 1975 for Bath to train as a state Registered Nurse.
Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield, Solihull
Alison began her nursing career in 1980 working at Stratford on Avon Hospital. In 1984 she transferred to Warwick Hospital and until 1987 worked in all areas of care.
Kim trained as a Registered General Nurse in 1982. She has over fifteen years’ experience in surgical nursing in the colorectal and urology fields.
Ruth began her nurse training in 1978 in Middlesex and since qualifying in 1981 she has worked in various specialities in a hospital and community setting, having worked as a District Nurse, around London for eight years.
Lynette completed her nurse training at Nottingham University in 2004.
Qualified as a registered nurse in 2003 whilst serving in the Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps.
Helen Coulter began her nurse training in 1975 at Belfast City Hospital. She completed both the Registered Sick Children’s Nursing Certificate, and the Orthopaedic Nursing Certificate.
Pauline began her nursing career in 1980 working as a nursing auxiliary and then qualified as a nurse in June 1986. Her career in stoma care developed following her appointment as a surgical nurse at Salford Royal Hospital.
There are lots of ways your community nurse team can help you. Here are just a few:
- Home visits following your stoma surgery
- Advice and support on how to become more independent
- Guidance on common stoma problems
- Tips on skin care and colostomy irrigation
- Advice on diet, exercise and travel
- Recommendations for stoma care products that will meet your needs
- Guidance on how to manage your stoma products day to day
- Help with template measurement
- Measurement and fitting of hernia supports
- Advice on disposing used pouches
- Collection of unwanted pouches
If you have a question please ask our nurse