Here’s a list of frequently asked colostomy, ileostomy and urostomy questions and answers.
Meet your community nurse team
Your local community nurse team complements the care you receive from your hospital stoma nurses and healthcare professionals. Our nurses can visit you at home to provide expert support and advise on how best to live with a stoma.
Our BHTA-trained support team and nurses are here to listen and advise you on how best to live with a stoma.
There are lots of ways your community nurse team can help you. Here are just a few:
- Home visits following your stoma surgery
- Advice and support on how to become more independent
- Guidance on common stoma problems
- Tips on skin care and colostomy irrigation
- Advice on diet, exercise and travel
- Recommendations for stoma care products that will meet your needs
- Guidance on how to manage your stoma products day to day
- Help with template measurement
- Measurement and fitting of hernia supports
- Advice on disposing used pouches
- Collection of unwanted pouches